Always popular with Battle Royale fans, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds continues to attract hundreds of thousands of players each month. According to the latest information gathered by PUBG Corporation, more than 70 million units have been sold since the launch in March 2017…
In order to celebrate this nice figure, the developers have just announced the launch of Season 8 for July 22nd. Among the new features of this big patch, a remastered version of the Sanhok map. In addition to a general reconstruction of the map, many assets (trees, rocks…) have been remodelled, while a new city called Getaway has appeared. Also, the map will now be criss-crossed by a “Loot Truck” that will drop loot, including exclusive weapons, when players shoot at it. Finally, the classified games will be improved with a new distribution of points according to the general classification of the team.
Alongside the Sanhok Remaster, PUBG Update 8.1 is full of new and thrilling additions, including:
- The Loot Truck: Driving the roads of Sanhok are autonomous cargo transports that offer players a brand-new way to gear up. As these trucks take damage, they will drop some loot and continue on their way. Players persistent enough to destroy the truck will be rewarded with an even bigger cache of weapons and gear for their squad.
- Confiscated Weapons: Players who take down the Loot Truck will be rewarded with fully customized weapons. For the first time ever in PUBG, players can pick-up weapons that come with pre-installed attachments and unique skins.
- Improved Jerry Cans: These explosive bundles of joy are making their revised debut. Pour gas on the ground to set a fiery trap or toss the whole thing at an enemy and light it up.
- New Ranked Season: A new Ranked season begins with Update 8.1. The season brings a much-requested change to scoring, with Ranked Point acquisition now taking team placement into account. Additionally, Vikendi has been added to the Ranked map pool.
- Survivor Pass: Payback: Accompanying the latest season is the newest Survivor Pass, which gives players a large amount of new skins to earn as they explore the forgotten paradise of Sanhok.
Survivors can preview the 8.1 update with the PC test server on July 15 and the console test server on July 20, before the official launch of Season 8 on July 22 for PC via Steam and July 30 for Xbox One, PS4 and Stadia. For more information on Update 8.1, please see the full patch notes at https://www.pubg.com/2020/07/14/update-8-1-patch-notes/.